Friday 24 January 2014

Happy (not so) New Year

A very belated Happy New Year! I suppose this post comes some weeks late...the year no longer feels 'new', and the ringing out of Auld Lang Syne is all but a distant memory.

As we return to the 'normal routine' and seek to be inspired by new challenges and experiences in 2014, I can't help but wonder what the year will bring - will it be very different from the last? Will I get stuck into something I haven't before or will I stand on the sidelines and let it play out before me?

One area I'm determined to get stuck into and have already gone some way to doing so is the garden. Preparations for the spring are in motion and plans afoot.

To date potting and deadheading primrose pots, power washing walls and steps and clearing and re-laying areas of gravel have taken priority. Amazing the work of a power hose - I'd completely forgotten what colour paving had been laid until it was revealed in a moment of great - if not wet - satisfaction.

When I start to think 'plants' will be when things start to get exciting... watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment