Wednesday 13 November 2013

Why 'admiring from afar'?

Hello, I'm Lucy and this is 'Admiring from afar'; my blog.

Why the strange title you ask? Well for a number of years now I have been spending my days working in a world that I still feel I am 'admiring from afar'. The world of horticulture.

Surrounded by keen plants people, a frenzy of social media surrounding the industry, as well as the plants themselves of course; I have developed a deep admiration for something which I still feel very much 'out the know' about.

It's not that I'm deliberately keeping my distance or consciously refusing to 'absorb like a sponge'. My day to day life just doesn't involve drilling below the surface for copious nuggets of inspirational knowledge, that I can apply in my spare time. I'm office based and not around the 'keen plants people' I referred to earlier, all that much. They pass fleetingly near my workstation before disappearing again, on a daily basis. Paths cross but never really cross if you know what I mean.

I am therefore on a quest. To share my musings, opinions, and the few nuggets of knowledge that I am lucky enough to pick up along the way, here. And why limit my ramblings to one subject area?... When you think about it, there are actually many other areas of life that we all 'admire from afar' without even realising it. My example may be the most obvious to me, but there are plenty of other examples of 'admiring from afar' in our daily lives - things we keep at arms length, for whatever reason. Got you thinking now haven't I?

Thanks for reading, and for bearing with me while I become accustomed to the 'blogging world'!

No comments:

Post a Comment